Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Job

First of all, happy birthday to my wonderful nephew, Christian, who turns 14 today!

Well, we did receive our stuff from the movers on Sunday. They were supposed to arrive between 10 a.m. and 12 noon and finally showed up at 5:30 p.m. Joe and I hung around the apartment for hours waiting and let me tell you, it's a boring apartment with no tv, internet, books, games, or anything else. We did play some cards (rummy, thanks Gramma :-)) and I drank wine to pass the time.

They almost forgot a couple boxes and bags, including Joe's massage table, and they damaged Joe's chiropractic table, which he WAS NOT happy about. They also misplaced the metal thing that Joe's spine hangs on (wow, that is a weird sentence...) but other than that, we got everything.

Still don't have any real furniture, like a couch or sofa chair or anything, but we did get a bed, and that was the most important thing. I patched one hole already on the air mattress, but I can't find the others that I'm sure are there, since we had to wake up in the middle of the night and air it up on a regular basis. I think that thing is going in the garbage.

So, I slept on a real bed the night before starting my new job, which was nice. The new job is going great, I'm in my second day today. The people I work with seem really nice. My immediate supervisor reminds me SO MUCH of Heidi and that is a complement to this woman because Heidi was the most encouraging, friendly, patient supervisor (and then friend) I've ever had! I work directly with one other person (they laid off the part time person I was supposed to supervise because managment decided that hiring another full time person - me - cut into the budget too much to keep the part timer on. Yeah, that's not awkward at all!!), but the other departments are in the building and I'll be working with them on a regular basis. Which is good, because I wanted to move into a position that had more than two other people in the company. I know I'm such a bad girlfriend, but Joe has to iron my clothes before work. Isn't he cute??

Joe has had the last two days off and has been relaxing among all the boxes at home. He was so tired after his week-long stint at the fair, working 11 hour nights that he is enjoying some down time before starting on a regular schedule. His job is about 4 miles away from our apartment - a straight shot, really, so it's really nice for him. I'm about 10 miles away, but it's still a great commute.

Well, I guess that's the update for now. Still no internet at home, but I'm free to use internet at work for personal reasons during breaks, so hopefully I can update here until I get it at home.

No comments: