Friday, August 22, 2008

Ava's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Ava!! It is Ava's 2nd birthday today! I'm sure we'll have some sort of celebration, I'll post pictures soon. :-)

Everything is still going smoothly. I'm starting to slowly settle into my new job, and I really like it so far. It's going to be a lot of work, but it will be a fun challenge and one I think I am up for.

Joe is continuing to be the marketing machine for his new job. His boss is sending him out to different companies in the area offering to set up free chair massage sessions. They figure if they get in there and offer free massage, when someone actually needs chiropractic care, they will think of Joe first. I think it's a great idea!

Yesterday he visited a few fire stations and police stations, as well as a few gyms in the area. He got some interest and has some people to follow up with today. We also went to a Chamber of Commerce meeting last night. We met some interesting people - including one woman who asked if Joe did horse chiropractic! Apparently, it's a huge business, and Joe actually knows someone who does that in Vermont.

Still slowly unpacking boxes. I think that will be our main focus this weekend. That, and buying some lamps. There are no lights in the living room and bedroom, so we have to get lamps for those rooms pronto.

Hope things are going well with everyone. Leave some comments! We want to know there are actually people reading this thing! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ava! I love your blog Heather, I have really enjoyed reading it, and I hope you keep it up. I love all of the pics of the dogs, they are so sweet.

Your apartment looks so nice! I'm so jealous of the walk-in closet. Dug misses his best friend, Ava. We just moved to Lynnwood, and there are a few neighbor cats, but I'm a little worried about letting Dugan meet them until I know a little bit more about their medical history. You know how Dug is prone to health issues.

I hope you'll keep up the blog, I need my Ava updates.

Keep in touch,

-Sarah and Dugan