Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last day in Wenatchee

Today is our last day visiting family in Wenatchee. My mom came into town from her job in Mount Rainier and my cousins are here from California so it was really nice to get to see everyone one last time.

My aunt Kathy threw us a wonderful goodbye party at the Wok last night. Everyone showed up and it was so much fun (not to mention excellent food!) My cousin Christi got me a "memory plate" where you have everyone sign it and then display it in the new apartment. It was very cool. Also, everyone got together and got us a money tree and everyone was so generous! It was so thoughtful and so nice that everyone wants to help us have a good start in our new place! I realize more and more how supportive and protective my family is and how wonderful that is.


My brother and sister-in-law just got a pool and we were able to spend a couple hours yesterday and today hanging out in the pool. Which was extra nice since it was about 100 degrees outside!

Ava and Jack are completely exhausted tonight, which we hope will last through tomorrow! They have been playing in my aunt's yard and lounging out in the sun for the entire three days we've been here. They also went to the vet and got all updated shots and Jack went to the groomer and got a new East Coast summer cut!

We will try to get on the road by 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning and try to hit Missoula, Montana tomorrow night.

No comments: