Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

On Sunday, Stuart and Heidi came up to visit Joe and I and we all went to a pumpkin patch! It was my first pumpkin patch and I was like a little kid, I was so excited! It turned out to be SO much fun. We walked around the pumpkin patch and each of us chose a pumpkin. Then we shopped around the little store that the owners owned - a very cute little store that had homemade pastries and home-grown fruits and veggies. Very cool.





Then we went back to our apartment and carved our pumpkins! We had carving kits so Heidi, Joe and I chose a design from their list. Stuart, being the creative genius he is, came up with a unique design (Jack, from the Nightmare Before Christmas) and hand carved his. Heidi got tired of the carving pretty early, ripped off her design and just did a simple jack-o-lantern instead. It was pretty funny.



It was too funny that the VHPR crew was all together again - 3,000 miles away from Mercer Island!



Here is the finished products:

 After the carving, I made dinner (Waikiki meatballs - thanks Mom!) and we drank wine and hung out. It was such a fun day!

No comments: