Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dog Park

We had a great day at the dog park today! Well, at least Jackson did. I made Ava run around for a while, and then she just stood next to me shivering and whining and wouldn't move, so I ended up holding her and warming her up for the rest of the time we were there. I know, she's an overly-dramatic princess-wannabe, but she can totally convince me to do what she wants. I'm a sucker.

We met a lot of fun and friendly dogs and Jack had such a blast playing! It was quite cold (there was ice in places in the grass) but a lot of people ended up showing up.

I know, like I said, princess:


This ball was so disgusting, but Jack fell in love with it. He wouldn't give it up. Someone actually ended up throwing it away, though, because it was pretty gross.


This standard poodle was another dog Jack was playing with a lot. Her owner and I got to talking because this dog came from a puppy mill rescue, so we had a lot to talk about. She reminds me of a friend of my family's dog, who is named Halle Berry.










I was pretty cold, too. We are a pair, Ava and me. I realized just now that I don't have many pictures of me without my ear warmer and hood on. Can't wait until it gets warmer out and I can take picture of myself NOT buried in 7 layers of clothes. :-)
The dogs are worn out (even though Ava did nothing, she was still warn out from being made to go into the "outdoors" - the nerve of us!) and sleeping on the couch next to me right now. Joe and I are headed out in a couple hours to go to a Potomac Movie Lovers Meetup Group meeting. We are going to see "Bride Wars." I'm excited!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

(Jumped over here from The Bloggess)

Hey, that's a Boykin spaniel you have! (Isn't it neat the way I say that as if you don't know?)

I have one also, but my boy is very curly. He is a truly great dog.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Oh gosh, they are cute!!!!!