Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's Been a While...

It's been a long time since I've updated. What has been going on?

Work: Staying extremely busy, had my yearly review and received a 3% raise, moved offices and now I have a window!

Volunteer: I am officially the Italian Greyhound Rescue Representative for Virginia! I will be in charge of taking in dogs, transporting dogs, interviewing potential adopters, and adopting out dogs. I got into a scuffle on one of the forums about animal testing, became very emotional, almost quit, then decided I have to focus on helping dogs, not changing people's minds. I'm ramping up my fundraising efforts. I hosted a Superbowl pool that made $195 dollars for Rescue (thank you to all who participated!!), and I am hosting a Valentine's Day raffle where I was able to get fabulous donations from local natural pet supply stores. (Anyone in the D.C. Metro area, check out Bark and Dogs & Company, they are fabulous!)

Joe: Unfortunately, Joe got news that the doctor he was planning on working with sold his business. So, Joe is out of a job again, after turning down two other possible opportunties to go with this guy. It's a bummer, but he's back online searching for other opportunities. We're sure all this is for a reason and that reason will present itself soon enough! On the bright side, he got word that his license was sent out this week, so he should be getting it in the mail any day now!

Dogs: Everything is the same here. They are both still as adorable and crazy as ever. Jackson is getting a little cabin fever with the gross weather outside, though, and Ava is hating the cold more and more. I think everyone will be much happier when Spring comes and there is more sunshine and warmth.

Friends: Joe and I have been out with some new friends I've met at work. Stuart joined us as well. (See pictures below.) I've joined a couple meetup groups in the area and have been to a couple of their get-togethers too. The next one is a book club meeting where the author of the book we are reading (The Sleeping Beauty Proposal) will be joining us on conference call. Very cool!

I guess that's about it. What has everyone else been up to?




No comments: